Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Meeting my Great Grandma!

On April 12th Hayden met his Great Grandma Sarratt for the first time. Hayden is my Grandma (AKA Melba) 19th Great Grand Child and I am her tenth Grandchild. My Grandma was a HUGE influence on me growing up. She taught me to cook, read the bible and pray. One of my favorite memories a little girl was staying at Grandma and Grandpa's old farm house and every night you could hear them praying for everyone in the family, all 5 kids, their spouse, their kids, our neighbors, people on town. But the thing about those prayers, I will never forget is the comfort of knowing each night, still to this day, my grandma is praying for me and my family. I pray my children, their children and their children can say the same about me.
This is my Aunt Brenda, my father's babysister, (my family claims we are two peas in a pod). She came in from California to bring my G'ma over to see Hayden.
This is my little cousin Jadyn, She is my cousin Susan's daughter, she is worth her weight in GOLD as a babysitter. Me and my brother will be fighting over her this summer at the family reunion. I am already lobbying her mother to let her stay a week with me this summer!!!

No comments: